60Sox has been created to try to help emerging creative practitioners find work.
collaboration between the Australian Research Council (ARC), the
Queensland University of Technology (QUT), TAFESA, the Queensland
Government, the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association
Billy Blue School of Graphic Arts and the Southbank Institute of
To join with us you agree that:
60Sox is a user-moderated site and we don't veto stuff before it goes
live. If you find something which you deem inappropriate, let us know.
(But don't pay-out on everything).
2. If you upload stuff to 60Sox that you reckon may not be appropriate for people under 18, make sure you let us know.
Don't rip people's stuff off unless they are happy for you to do so.
All material on 60Sox has a license clearly attributed to it. Please
respect it. If you are after a hi-res version or source code of something you find on
60Sox we urge you to contact the creator directly to obtain it.
is a condition of 60Sox that whatever content a member uploads has to
be either owned by you or you must have permission from the owners to
use it in your portfolio. We do not warrant that the content available
on the site
does not infringe any other person’s intellectual property rights (but
we'll give it our best shot). If you find something on the site you
think might infringe on copyright, we urge you to let us know.
5. We're all a bunch of dead-set mates who want to learn from each
other and get better at what we do. So, we don't hassle each other here
and if you want to upload Dodgy stuff, do it somewhere else. (By
'Dodgy' we mean abusive,
sexist, racist, threatening, defamatory, vilifying, harassing, obscene,
offensive, or otherwise wrongful or illegal material).
can chuck you off anytime we want. None of the material that might have
been online at any one time will necessarily be available some other
time and we might not even store it somewhere. We are allowed to delete
whatever we want whenever we want for whatever reason. (Just because we might have to).
7. Keep a copy of your original work, because we might accidentally lose it. (But we promise we'll try not to).
8. You maintain the ownership of anything you upload to 60Sox.
You get to choose what license you want to apply to everything you
upload to the network. However, notwithstanding the type and terms of
licence you choose, you agree to the following:
a) You don't upload something you didn't create or that you don't have rights over.
b) You'll let us use your work to promote the network.
c) If we have an opportunity to sell you work we won't do so unless we have your permission.
9. The info you give us about yourself has to be true and will remain so while you're a member.
10. Don't give out your password ever, ever, ever.
11. We're allowed to contact you sometimes to let you know about cool stuff.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability
(including liability due to negligence) to you or any person for any
loss or damage incurred as a result of accessing the site, any of the
content on the site, or uploading content to the site. Any liability
that cannot be legally excluded is limited to the maximum extent
13. The Website is based in Queensland, so our local laws stick.
14. We won't tell anyone anything about you, unless they brandish sticks and other pointed instruments of threateningness.
We might have to change these terms from time to time. We'll try to let
you know, but it's your responsibility to know what current terms
you've agreed to for being part of the 60Sox network.
We just want to make a space where creative folk can enjoy displaying
their work, get quality feedback and - hopefully - help them get a job.
It's up to all of us to make that happen.